Because Mondays otherwise suck, here are some of my favorite posts/reads/bytes from this week. The posts I feature are an eclectic mixture of writings, photography and other random things that I just found either touching, enjoyable and inspirational.
Monday Bytes Link Love:
- Our Lovely Life wrote a cute and very true blog about how thinking happy is key to being happy. Despite what life throws at you, choose to be happy and you will be!! Reading this helped put me back into a positive frame of mind as I was feeling sorry for myself a little bit earlier and reading it helped put me in check. Thank you!
- One Moment in Time Shared an article from the Daily Mail about a mother who is enraged that Facebook took down the photos of her precious son who was born from a rare birth defect and later died. Facebook banned her from the site as well. For the life of me I can't understand why Facebook would do such a thing!! I applaud her for carrying her baby to term and even though he is now with the Lord, those seconds they had together are precious and I'm sure she'll treasure them forever. God bless her for doing the right thing and I hope that Facebook owns up to what they did and apologizes to her. Thank you May from One Moment in Time for sharing this article with me because I hadn't read it before.
- Mumma and the Kiddo shared some touching words and pictures about being a parent that truly touched my heart and resonated with me.
- Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch shared her recipe for Heavenly Mocha Pudding Bars with Almond Crust that literally made my mouth water!! They look so tasty!
- Life Experience Needed shared some adorable pictures of her kids and a story about what happened at the park when she and her family encountered child with a filthy mouth and his father. Sadly there are so many kids who are exposed to profanity and violence that it's no surprise to me that a child so young would use the f-bomb.
- Play With Purpose and In Love By The Beach both shared amazing photos of the solar eclipse that happened on Sunday. I didn't get a chance to see it but it looked beautiful in the photos I saw.
- Inspired by Felicity shared pictures of some lovely paper she had as she was prepping for her daughter's birthday party. It made me want to go to the craft store!! Very pretty.
- Simply Heavenly Food Wrote a touching and inspirational blog about forgiveness and how to move on from sin and past mistakes and pain.
- Teshuva wrote a very smart and true post about single people and how not to waste your time on "time wasters". Very good post, so true! It's important to realize if you're in a relationship with a time waster because it's unhealthy and we have to use the time God gives us wisely!!
- Local Sugar Hawaii wrote about getting up and getting started, whether it's exercise or a goal you have...to just get up and get going!! Truly motivated me.
- What's Cooking in the Burbs shared what looks like a very yummy and refreshing Watermelon Mojito recipe.
Also, check out one of my favorite Youtube Beauty Gurus Lisa Eldridge and her video about her beauty regime on long haul flights (plus a giveaway!). She's an amazing makeup artist and has worked with celebrities like Kate Winslet and so many more. Her videos are great and I suggest you subscribe to her if you haven't already!
Please check out these blogs and follow them if what they wrote touched you or made you smile or laugh. I hope you all have a wonderful day and if you have a story or a review or something you'd like me to feature on Monday Bytes, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can read it and possibly feature it next Monday!!
If you've been featured on Monday Bytes, grab the code for my button below!! (You don't have to but someone I admire on blogger suggested it so why not?!)
I hope you all have a lovely Monday and a wonderful week ahead!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.whatjeanlikes.com/search/label/monday%20bytes" title="What Jean LIkes Monday Bytes"><img src="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-u--r0R7oTww/T7GWj9JDKAI/AAAAAAAAAio/RG86pdR4-PQ/s1600/MONDAYBYTES.png" alt="What Jean LIkes Monday Bytes" style="border:none;" /></a></div>